none
    Guild Member

Falunel's Application

Let's get the core stuff out of the way first.

Your in-game name to facilitate contact.
    Falunel.7645. My main is Falunel, a sylvari elementalist. My primary alt as of right now is Falche Graysong, a human mesmer.

Since we are an 18+ guild, we need to know your age beforehand.
    I'm in my early twenties--23 years old, to be precise.

Your playing hours (preferably in US pacific time format).
    My playing hours are highly irregular. I work at a care facility that's currently seeing some hard times, which means I work overtime and get called in unexpectedly a lot. On top of that, I have some chronic health issues that require me to spend a lot of time resting in order to stay functional, and some commitments to a few non-GW2 communities. It's more than possible that I'll spend over a week without logging in. When I do get the chance to play, it'll usually be afternoons before 6 PM Pacific, or very early mornings before 7 AM Pacific. Sometimes I do get the chance to play the day away, though!

The type of content you are most interested in.
    I play open-world PvE almost exclusively. I'm not sure how many dungeons I can do with my current time constraints, but I'm usually down to help someone with an open world event or a personal story mission.

Your preferred methods of interaction with other players (e.g. text chat, voice, forums, etc).
    I LOVE forums--they were where I was born and raised on the internet! I check Discord a lot, but I stick primarily to PMs and a few familiar servers. Can't say how active I'll be on a guild Discord. I'd certainly like to be, but I get overwhelmed if I try to keep up with too many servers at a time.

In-game, I stick to text chat. I don't do voice except for events--it's hard on my brain. :P

Now for the proper part of the application!

I'm a veteran GW2 player. Been exploring Tyria since launch, although I've had a few major hiatuses. I recently returned from one to explore the nex expansion. So far, I've been having a blast!

I left guilds behind a while ago due to stress over a lot of things: leadership drama, getting caught in the middle of conflicts between members, personal matters on my end. Since then, I've mostly been running solo, although I've grouped up with people in /map or LFG to help out. With the new release, I've been jumping in a lot to help various people with story missions, group events, and mastery points. It made me realize that playing with others was actually the core of the GW2 experience for me, and something I'd been missing a lot. After some thinking, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to research some potential guilds. ESP was one of the guilds I looked at, and one that especially caught my eye. There seems to be a lot of focus on interaction between members, working together, helping out--exactly the things I've been missing.

A few nights ago, I ran into a member of the guild (BlueZombie, I think?) while exploring, and we did some parts of the griffon collection together. We ended up having a side chat and they spoke highly of the guild. I was really impressed by their friendliness and decided to apply, myself.

So, here I am!

Some more stuff about me, for flavor... As already mentioned, I main elementalist, and have done so since launch. I absolutely love the class. Everything about it feels wonderful to play and there's been many times I've booted up the game just because I wanted to fight something on it. If playing with others is the main draw of GW2 for me, then elementalist ranks right underneath it. I blitzed all the hero points in the HoT maps so I could unlock Weaver right away, and I'm definitely not disappointed--it's been fascinating and surprisingly satisfying to play. It looked chaotic on paper and I wasn't sure how well I'd be able to adjust to the new attunement mechanics, but a lot of it comes almost instinctively after a little practice. (Although damn, you REALLY have to be on your ball to avoid getting spiked down...)

Sylvari are probably one of my favorite races ever, from lore to design. The HoT storyline holds a special meaning for me--there's a lot of parallels between their struggle with the Jungle Dragon and things I've had to deal with over the course of my life. My own sylvari elementalist started as just an avatar, but over time, she transformed into a character of her own, with a personality of her own.

My favorite mount would probably be the jackal. I very recently unlocked the griffon, but nothing beats that blink. <3

I draw, and have plans to do as many days of Inktober as I can. I drew today's drawing earlier... it's rather messy, but hey, better an imperfect drawing than no drawing at all. Another non-gaming passion of mine is mental health, especially ideas of mental health that focus on wellness instead of normalcy, and I'm involved in a few communities regarding it.

Not much else to say aside from that! If I'm accepted, I look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

[ESP]
    Mother Secretary
    Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    I read your name as Falafel and got really hungry ._.

heyyy fellow 23 year old and sylvari ele *\o/*
    We have a couple people with chronic health issues as well as odd schedules. All we ask is that if you know, or notice, you're going to be gone for over 2 weeks offline to let us know so we can change your rank to not be kicked for inactivity. That can be done here on the forums, in game inbox, discord private message, and on our facebook page or a private facebook message.

I'm sorry to hear about your past guilds; drama is a game changer. ESP itself just turned 12 within Guild Wars, so we like to think we have stability xp

Did you read the charter and about the buddy system? Any questions for us?
    ~Missy, Scorned Siren Missy.6803

none
    Guild Member
    I've read all of the stickied topics in this board, including the buddy system and the charter. I think I understand! If questions do come up, I'll be sure to ask.

And that's good to know, that I can take time off if needed.

[ESP]
    Mother Secretary
    Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    I might be blind, but I don't see a character name or account id to inbox ._.

none
    Guild Member
    Oh, right at the top: Falunel.7645, character names Falunel or Falche Graysong! I can add you and PM you directly if it'd be easier.

[ESP]
    Mother Secretary
    Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    I'mma derp, in game inbox sent lol

Welcome! And hope to see you in-game soon