none
    Users Country Flag

Mario Kart + Smash Bros

Anyone here a big Mario Kart + Smash Bros fan like yours truly?

Maybe we can get together online (through either Wii U / Nintendo Switch systems) and hash it out with each other!

I've, also, heard of a new Mario Kart coming out this summer? Maybe someone could tell/reference me to if it is!

[ESP]
    Guild Member
    I played and enjoyed Super Smash Bros. on the Gamecube. Never really played Mario Kart.
    No current/new game consoles in the house since we tend to be more into PC and some freebie ones on our phones.

none
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    I played and enjoyed Super Smash Bros. on the Gamecube. Never really played Mario Kart.
    No current/new game consoles in the house since we tend to be more into PC and some freebie ones on our phones.
    Dang, it's been awhile since I have had the GameCube! I ended up getting the original Wii for Christmas, and I was able to replay some games from the GameCube on that. Loved Smash Bros then, love it now... occasionally. Mario Kart is really only fun with family/friends; it gets tedious and boring when you play it alone after finishing a cup (4 races), unless you're just trying for that dang gold trophy.

Yeah, I like to try to migrate between the two; I don't get into much online play for console games, but always will if I have guildies/friends who want too! Have you tried out the Mario Run game for your phone? It's fun... for what you can play up too. They require a purchase for everything else after the first world. But still fun to an extent. ^_^

[ESP]
    Guild Member
    We had a Wii for a while but then gave it to my nephews. We just didn't play it much. I think we still have two Gamecubes. I had bought one before my husband and I lived together and he had one too. Favorite game on that was PSO. We played offline only but it was so much fun since several friends played too.

No, I haven't tried that one. I don't too much with the runners. I do have Katamari Damashi on my phone since I absolutely loved that on the PS2. I play a lot of sim and word games on my tablet. I love the touch controls for city building type games because it's so much better than clicking. XD

none
    Users Country Flag
    My sad story for my Wii is it stopped playing games; the discs would no longer read for some reason.

I have Sims 2 downloaded still on my old desktop; I got it again after Origin offered the entire Sims 2 collection for free. I did try out the newest Sims, never got into it sadly.

[ESP]
    [ESP] Officer
    Users Country Flag
    I'm sad the Wii U flopped, because its versions of Mario Kart (8) and Smash (Sm4sh) were, hands down, the best of their series.

Said by a diehard Kart 64 fanboy, no less.

(would have been fun to spend more time with Project M though).

I'm only decent at best at smash but I've spent many hours yelling at my friends over it

none
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemid View Post
    I'm sad the Wii U flopped, because its versions of Mario Kart (8) and Smash (Sm4sh) were, hands down, the best of their series.

Said by a diehard Kart 64 fanboy, no less.

(would have been fun to spend more time with Project M though).

I'm only decent at best at smash but I've spent many hours yelling at my friends over it
    The Swtich's Mario Kart is, actually, an exact replica of the Wii U Mario Kart 8; only difference is they added in some old characters from other Mario Karts (King Boo, Dry Bones, and one other), and some of the old activities (like the Sunshine Star Stealer, Coin Collector); other than that, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is exactly the same with some newish features.

Smash for Wii U I still play; I don't think they released one for the Switch yet, considering Smash for Wii U is still quite the hit.

The only games I wished they continued into the Wii U/Switch series is Mario Party; absolutely loved playing that with my sister and neighbor as we were growing up, especially in winter; we'd all have a blast playing that at 7-8AM until the neighbor had to go home (usually wasn't until later that evening).

No one plays Smash with me! Everyone in my family gets mad at me because they say I "cheat" because I know how to play better than them... though, they've gotten smart and everyone goes after me so its harder now :P. No one plays it with me though, so it becomes a bore really quickly; same goes for Mario Kart.

I have been playing Odyssey, actually, and I enjoy playing that by myself (though, just like the N64, its a standalone 1P game anyway). Just the more to join, the more fun it is in the end is all.

I've spent hours of yelling, too, it's okay.

[ESP]
    Guild Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthun View Post
    My sad story for my Wii is it stopped playing games; the discs would no longer read for some reason.

I have Sims 2 downloaded still on my old desktop; I got it again after Origin offered the entire Sims 2 collection for free. I did try out the newest Sims, never got into it sadly.
    That is a sad day for a Wii.

I only played Sims on the Gamecube. I got bored quickly and have never played it since. I mostly liked RPG's when I did console gaming.

none
    Users Country Flag
    I never knew the sims were on GameCube! Maybe it's because I only ever got Mario related games...