Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    none
    Guild Member
    Users Country Flag

Shiny and new to GW2

Hello Folks,

My name is Andrew and my in-game name is SavvyTG.9623. At 40, I can still hold my own, but I知 sure I am considered old by todays gamers standards. I知 brand new to GW2, however I have played just about every MMORPG there is. I recently just stopped playing FFXIV and WoW before that. Basically, I知 looking for a game where I don稚 have to shell out a monthly payment to play. Old age makes me frugal I guess. On top of that, GW2 has a fantastic reputation for having a friendly community. I am hoping those rumors are true.

I can normally be found playing between 8pm 11pm Atlantic Time Zoneor 7pm-10pm Eastern. Weekends are not much different, except I usually play later. With that said, I do get on during the day from time to time.

Since I am new, I am really interested in playing just about everything GW2 has to offerexcept for structured PvP. That doesn稚 really interest me. Everything else is fair game, even WvW.

In game I can稚 really get on voice until I get my kid to bed, just makes my life easier, so text chat is my only real option until they are asleep. As for other modes of interaction, I use Discord daily for all my gaming communication needs. Over the years I have strayed away from forums, however I still enjoy some light reading.

What this application really comes down to is, I知 looking for a group of people to have fun with in GW2. Possibly even make some new friends. It痴 a simple reason, but it is what it is.

That痴 about it I think, if anyone has any questions for me, please feel free to ask away!

[ESP]
    Mother Secretary
    Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Hey!
    Welcome to the forums Did you read the charter? Any questions for us? How did you hear about ESP? What server are you on?

What do you think of the Platypus?
    ~Missy, Scorned Siren Missy.6803

none
    Guild Member
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Hey!
    Welcome to the forums Did you read the charter? Any questions for us? How did you hear about ESP? What server are you on?

Hello!

Thank you for the welcome. I did read the Guild rules and charter as well as the little buddy system. I honestly don't really have any questions at the moment. I had most of my questions answered from skimming though the forums.

I was looking at Guildex when I came across ESP while searching for guilds on Fort Aspenwood, mainly because that is the server I am currently on. I liked what I saw as I felt it was what I was looking for in a guild.

For the record the Platypus as a fierce, terrifying, and majestic creature that deserves way more respect than it gets. I mean come on, its an otter, beaver, and duck all rolled into one! I bet it also tastes delicious! I'm also willing to bet its the only animal that actually farts rainbows.

Last edited by SavvyTG; 03-21-2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling

[ESP]
    Mother Secretary
    Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SavvyTG View Post
    I bet it also tastes delicious!
    We will look past this line for the compliments you first gave the Mighty Noble Platypus.

WELL, I think it's an exotic creature that we don't study enough nor adore. Though, I like the mystique of it. And it's just cute. We have a guild event in April called Platypusapalooza. . . . I learned a lot about their reproduction system 2 years ago

none
    Guild Member
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    We will look past this line for the compliments you first gave the Mighty Noble Platypus.
    In all honesty, them being delicious only adds to the long list of compliments it already receives. It's not the Platies fault for being so awesome.

So what does Platypusapalooza entail?
    Last edited by SavvyTG; 03-22-2018 at 07:53 AM.

[ESP]
    Mother Secretary
    Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    It's a "welcome to Spring"/Platypus themed party
    Our parties are each even month of the year; have a committee that makes up the party games. One year we did platypus reproduction, another their habitat, food, etc

none
    Guild Member
    Users Country Flag
    That sounds like a very nice tribute to the Platypus.

I'm confident that if I were to sit down surrounded by platypodes that they would cuddle around me like puppies. I'm just that nice of a person.

Out of curiosity, are the odds of my acceptance getting better?

[ESP]
    [ESP] Guild Leader
    Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    you get a +1 from me, that's for sure

none
    Guild Member
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuna View Post
    you get a +1 from me, that's for sure
    I like the cut of your jib Karuna!

[ESP]
    Mother Secretary
    Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Feel free to poke someone when you're online for an invite. We do reset tonight, so at least 1 person with invite perms should be on if not multiple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast